Serving Indianapolis, IN and Surrounding Communities
Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery’s commitment to our patients is to answer all your questions in order to help you make an informed decision. Our Patient Surgery Guide explains qualities that are unique to Dr. Greg Chernoff and our staff. These include Dr. Chernoff’s extensive background and expertise, our pre-surgical and post-surgical care, our commitment to safety, and to providing natural-looking results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What board certifications does Dr. Greg Chernoff have and in what specialties?
- Dr. Chernoff is board certified by three regulating medical authorities making him among the 1% of Plastic Surgeons in the United States with this exceptionally high level of credentials. Dr. Chernoff’s Board Certifications are from:
- American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (AAFPRS)
- American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (ABOTO)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC)
To maintain his board certifications, Dr. Chernoff completes over 100 hours of continuing medical education per year. This continuous education allows him to be on the forefront of medical advancements in the industry.
- What additional Plastic Surgery training and expertise does Dr. Chernoff have?
- After medical school, Dr. Chernoff completed 8-years of intensive training in the areas of: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Laser Surgery, Laser Therapy, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, and Body Contouring. Dr. Chernoff has been practicing in his field for over 25 years. He conducts investigational and clinical research, and he has authored numerous research publications, and text book chapters. He lectures at national and international clinical conferences. He is considered a global thought leader, and teaches his techniques to surgeons around the world. Dr. Chernoff has performed over 45,000 Face and Body Plastic Surgical Procedures and over 60,000 in-office laser and injectable procedures.
- What is the difference between a Plastic Surgeon and Cosmetic Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgeons have extensive training and can perform Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery. Cosmetic Surgeons can perform Reconstructive Surgery if they have received the same training as Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Chernoff is a trained and Triple Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs Reconstructive, Cosmetic, and Aesthetic surgery.
- How do you manage follow-up care?
- Dr. Chernoff and his care team take follow-up care extremely seriously. We are with you every step of the way to ensure you are healing property with the highest level of physical and emotional support. During the first 24 hours after your procedure, we provide overnight care with a Registered Nurse. We provide daily Registered Nurse care at our office 7 days a week including weekends. During the early phase of your recovery, we offer specialized lymphatic massage, laser therapy, and 24/7 care options that promote healing and recovery. Once your early recovery phase is complete, our care team puts an optional plan together that extends several months after your procedure to promote the longevity of your procedure.
- How does your office prepare patients for surgery?
- Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN offers a comprehensive preparation and post-surgical plan to promote a rapid recovery. The preparation process involves pre-procedure education with our nurses that involves nutrition, lab testing, supplementation, and other aspects of physical and mental health. Additionally, our office will also assist with travel plans and postoperative planning to ensure your recovery can be worry-free.
- What is unique about a surgeon’s technique?
- Dr. Chernoff has developed unique and specialized surgical techniques. What separates Dr. Chernoff from other surgeons?
- With his microvascular experience, Dr. Chernoff has extensive knowledge on nerve location and is extremely cautious during the entire procedure.
- Dr. Chernoff uses a laser for the majority of the incisions. Using the laser helps to minimize bruising, swelling, and promotes a faster recovery.
- Dr. Chernoff uses a specialized suturing technique that makes incisions barely visible.
- Can I see before and after photos of patients who have had this procedure done by you?
- Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery has thousands of before and after photos of patients who have had similar procedures to those you are considering. We are respectful of our patient’s privacy and have additional photos in our office to show patients considering procedures that we do not publish on our website.
- May I speak with a patient who actually had this procedure done by you?
- We have multiple patients who would be happy to talk with you. We also have a formal program called “Patient Perspectives” that allows people considering procedures to talk with our patients who have been through the procedure.
- I’m concerned about anesthesia. Do I have any other options?
- For many people, anesthesia or “going under” is the scariest part of surgery. According to the Academy of Anesthesiologists, the chances of dying in a car crash are about 40 times greater than from anesthesia. Over the last 20 years, significant improvements have been made in anesthesia. New monitoring techniques and technology are used to provide the highest level of care. Additionally, elective cosmetic surgical procedures have the lowest anesthesia complication rate of all surgical procedures. This statistic exists because cosmetic procedures are performed on healthy patients who follow our instructions and are prepared for surgery. Anesthesia complications occur most often in patients whose health is compromised by disease, or are in a stressed state due to trauma. If your fear of anesthesia is preventing you from proceeding with a surgical procedure, many non-surgical in-office alternatives exist that are a good first step to improving your appearance.
- Where will the procedure be performed?
- Dr. Chernoff performs his surgeries at an AAAHC accredited facility. The Specialty Surgery Center uses Board Certified experienced Anesthesiologists who have experience with Plastic Surgery patients.
- What other surgical or non-surgical techniques are available?
- During your consultation, Dr. Chernoff, our Nurses, and our Patient Coordinators will explain all surgical and nonsurgical options available. Our office utilizes specialized computer imaging to explain different options. As a result of Dr. Chernoff’s experience, based on the thousands of procedures he has performed, he is able to recommend a treatment plan and options that will provide our patients with long-lasting and natural results.
- Does Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery offer financing?
- Our office accepts financing through Care Credit, United Medical Credit, and other financial institutions. Learn more.
Why Dr. Greg Chernoff for your Cosmetic Surgery & Non-surgical Rejuvenation Procedures?
Triple Board-Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
When considering cosmetic surgery, finding the right surgeon can mean the difference between great results and less than optimal results. Board certification, advanced training and skills, along with years of experience are important factors to consider when selecting your face and body augmentation, shaping and contouring cosmetic surgeon. You only have one face and body. Be sure to select the “best” plastic surgeon for your procedure.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN you can be reassured that Dr. Greg Chernoff has the appropriate surgical certifications, extensive knowledge, experience, surgical skill and aesthetic vision. He is a renowned aesthetic surgeon and educator.
You can trust your cosmetic surgery and procedures to Dr. Chernoff, a triple board certified facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Dr. Chernoff is certified by The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Chernoff has performed hundreds of face and body cosmetic surgeries and procedures for men and women in Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding communities for over 20 years.
Select the Best for Natural
If you desire a Center of Excellence for cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures, look no further than Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Greg Chernoff is a triple board-certified physician who is passionate about helping his patients achieve their goals. Our commitment to you is to provide outstanding patient care and optimal results.