Triple Board-Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr Gregory Chernoff has performed cosmetic surgery, cosmetic treatments, and plastic surgery in Indianapolis, IN for over 20 years. Dr. Chernoff’s experience, skills, expertise, he has helped patients achieve their aesthetic facial and body rejuvenation goals in Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding cities.
Dr. Chernoff’s practice philosophy is best exemplified by his practice’s slogan, “Be Your Natural Best.”
“I often am asked by my patients, colleagues and staff what is my practice philosophy. I formed my philosophy early in my plastic and cosmetic surgery career and have put into practice my concept for 20 plus years. In addition to believing that every patient is unique and desires personalize care, I implemented my concept of “Your Natural Best.” Natural, by definition means, nothing artificial, unusual, or unexpected.”
– Gregory Chernoff, MD
Quick Facts about Dr. Gregory Chernoff
- He is board certified by three regulating medical authorities, including The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- He completed a five-year residency followed by Fellowships in Microvascular Surgery, Breast and Body Contouring, Laser Therapy, and a UCSF Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship.
- He is a pioneer in laser therapy and completed numerous published studies that helped advance Laser Aesthetic Treatments.
- He is the first and among the few cosmetic surgeons in Indianapolis to offer Ellevate Neck Contouring.
Dr. Chernoff is the only surgeon in Indiana to offer the Y Lift.
- He combines meticulous surgical techniques with the latest non-surgical therapies to give his patients consistent natural-looking rejuvenation results.
This training provided Dr. Chernoff with comprehensive expertise matched by very few. His innate aesthetic vision, meticulous surgical skills, and his gentle humility, provide his patients with the highest-level quality of care that is second to none.
Dr. Chernoff’s Education, Fellowship Training & Specialized Expertise
- Medical Degree, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- BS, Anatomy, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Internships, Residency and Fellowships
- Internship at St. Paul’s Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Residency at University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Fellowship in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario, Canada
- Fellowship in Indianapolis, Indiana in Head and Neck Surgery, Microvascular Surgery, Breast, and Body Contouring
- Fellowship University of California in San Francisco in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellowship in Flow Cytometry and Laser Surgery in Canada.
- Dr. Chernoff’s surgical residency in Otolaryngology included extensive training in Head and Neck Surgery, Microvascular Surgery, Reconstructive Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery.
- During his surgical residency, Dr. Chernoff saw the devastating effects of cancer. He decided to complete additional training to further his surgical expertise to help cancer patients requiring complex facial reconstruction. He completed three fellowships to master the art of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He completed his first fellowship in Flow Cytometry and Laser Surgery in Canada.
- Extensive training on operating complex facial reconstructive cases involving cancer of the head, face, and neck. Most surgical cases required him to operate between 12-18 hours for each patient, some requiring multiple surgeries to complete the reconstruction of facial bones, jaws, noses, and necks.
Consistently rated #1 plastic surgery doctor by his patients and staff, Dr. Chernoff’s top procedures include: laser eyelid lift, facelift, rhinoplasty, liposuction, BOTOX Cosmetic dermal filler, other injectables, and a variety of surgical and non-surgical face and body procedures.
Plastic Surgery Board Certifications
Board certification is a voluntary and rigorous process completed by passing comprehensive written and oral exams. Board certifications must be maintained through annual requirements of continuing medical education. Dr. Chernoff is board certified by three regulating medical authorities, including:
- The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
This means that Dr. Gregory Chernoff is Triple Board-Certified, accomplished by very few plastic surgeons in the world. He completes, on average, 100 hours of continuing medical education per year.
ADVISORY BOARDS, FACILITY, AND MEMBERSHIPS
Medical & Scientific Advisory Boards
- Aesthetics Academy
- Perigee Medical
- DEKA Laser Company
- Menarini Group
- Abbe Labs
- American Academy of Aesthetic & Restorative Surgery
- Lumenis Laser Company
- Aesthetics Academy Journal Medical Insights
- Medical Aesthetic Insights
- Journal of Progressive Clinical Insights Operative Techniques in Oculoplastic Surgery
- Orbital Reconstructive Surgery Journal
- Journal of Cutaneous Laser Therapy
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Cosmetic Surgery Conference
- Aesthetics Academy
- Cosmetic Multi-Specialty Meeting
- American Aestheticians Association
- Allergan National Training Center
Board of Directors
- North American Academy of Cosmetic & Restorative Surgery
- Board of Directors, Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Founder & President Survivors of Violence Foundation
- Indiana Artist Society
- Sonoma County Medical Society
- California Medical Society
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
Research, Articles & Publications Contributions
Over the last 20 years, Dr. Gregory Chernoff has significantly contributed to the advancements in Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine. He was one of the pioneers of both surgical and non-surgical laser therapy. He wrote one of the very first papers on CO2 Laser Resurfacing. The Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon’s laser research is extensive and has been instrumental in developing and refining accepted laser techniques utilized by physicians worldwide.
Research is important to him since it allows him to stay on the cutting edge of new therapies and techniques. He continues to conduct alpha and beta testing for medical and biotech companies. This is the testing that is used in the clinical trial phase for a therapy or technology prior to FDA approval.
Companies use Dr. Chernoff’s research data to submit these therapies or technologies for FDA approval. He is involved in research studies for cosmetic laser, radio frequency, ultrasound, injectable fibroblast, and other specialized cell renewal therapies. Early access to new therapies and technologies give Dr. Chernoff additional experience and expertise. He not only offers these treatments to his patients early but has expertise in the technique required to administer the treatments to patients. His ongoing research in the exciting field of cellular medicine is providing insight into expanded treatment indications such as acne scars, non-healing wounds, burn scars, and traumatic injury scars.
Clinical Research: Lectures & Publications
Dr. Gregory Chernoff has authored numerous scientific papers and medical laser textbook chapters. He has given over 700 lectures to physicians around the world on both surgical and non-surgical therapy. He has been featured on news programs such as Dateline NBC, ABC, and CBS Nightly News, BBC World News, and in Time, Newsweek and W Magazines. He discusses his research and the latest advancements in cosmetic surgery, laser therapy, and injectable fibroblast therapy.
- John Galt Award for Excellence in Patient Outcomes, 2020
- Aesthetics Academy Overall Best Cosmetic Outcome Award, 2017
- Sonoma County “Best Plastic Surgeon” award, 2006
- Americas Top Doctors Award, 2002 – 2005
- American Aestheticians Association Best Plastic Surgery Teacher, 2002
- Canadian Clinical Research Award for original research in Otolaryngology,
- Triologic Eastern Section Research Award for The Role of Fine Needle Aspiration and Flow Cytometry in the Diagnosis and Treatments of Malignant Lymphoma
Why Dr. Greg Chernoff for your Cosmetic Surgery & Non-surgical Rejuvenation Procedures?
When considering cosmetic surgery, finding the right surgeon can mean the difference between great results and less than optimal results. Board certification, advanced training and skills, along with years of experience are important factors to consider when selecting your face and body augmentation, shaping and contouring cosmetic surgeon. You only have one face and body. Be sure to select the “best” plastic surgeon for your procedure.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN you can be reassured that Dr. Greg Chernoff has the appropriate surgical certifications, extensive knowledge, experience, surgical skill and aesthetic vision. He is a renowned aesthetic surgeon and educator.
You can trust your cosmetic surgery and procedures to Dr. Chernoff, a triple board certified facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Dr. Chernoff is certified by The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The American Board of Facial, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Chernoff is a certified injection specialist and has more than 20 years of experience in training physicians and nurses on the art of meticulous injection techniques.
Dr. Chernoff has performed hundreds of face and body cosmetic surgeries and procedures for men and women in Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding communities for over 20 years.
Select the Best for Natural
If you desire a Center of Excellence for cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures, look no further than Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Greg Chernoff is a triple board-certified physician who is passionate about helping his patients achieve their goals. Our commitment to you is to provide outstanding patient care and optimal results.
CALL: 317-573-8899 or Contact Us for your Consultation